STAR Management System
Customer Service Excellence
Is the customer always right? Both our internal and external customers expect responsive, reliable and results-oriented service based on positive working relationships. Your success is based on your ability to deliver on this promise and create repeat business and happy customers. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
1. Exceed the expectations of your internal and external customers.
2. Address the top ten customer service complaints about your organization.
3. Manage difficult customer situations to everyone’s satisfaction.
Choosing Your Leadership Style
Managers need to be flexible in how they supervise their staff. Some employees need direction, while others need support. The way you adapt your leadership style to the employee and the situation will determine whether your staff will achieve their goals and stay committed to the organization. in this workshop, you will learn how to:
1. Determine the management style that will work best with each employee.
2. Adapt your leadership style to different situations.
3. Develop employee skill and commitment.
Removing Barriers to Change
“The only constant in life is change”. This is especially true in today’s work environment. A big change, small changes, each day brings something new. As leaders in our organizations, we must manage these everyday changes to ensure that our employees meet their performance objectives. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
1. Get buy-in for changes from employees.
2. Identify barriers to implementing change.
3. Help employees cope with change.
Coaching for Success
There are two ways of managing your staff: by either telling or coaching. Coaching is the guaranteed management approach that produces consistent, long-term, excellent performance in your staff. Coaching helps you to guide your employees to achieve results they did not believe were possible. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
1. Recognize the need and opportunity for coaching.
2. Assess the competencies of your employees.
3. Apply the coaching model to your daily management interactions.
Writing Clearly and Concisely
Writing emails, proposals and reports can be a challenge for many managers. Learn how the four C’s of business writing will guarantee your correspondence is easy to read and understand, every time. Practice writing various types of messages and develop your own personal writing style. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
1. Quickly generate ideas and organize your thoughts prior to writing.
2. Write using clear, concise and plain English.
3. Use precision, style and tone to personalize the message.
Effective Communication Skills
Communication begins with building rapport with our employees. Having a good working relationship with our staff reduces misunderstandings and results in improved team performance. Being an effective communicator helps us to ensure that our employees receive the messages we intend. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
1. Create a positive rapport and climate with your staff.
2. Adapt your communication style.
3. Listen actively.
Making a Powerful Presentation
Do you get sweaty palms and a knot in your stomach just thinking about giving a presentation? The success of your presentation depends on defining your purpose, planning your presentation and presenting with confidence. You will master these skills, in this workshop, in addition to learning how to:
1. Connect immediately with your audience.
2. Control your nervousness and anxiety.
3. Persuade your audience with the use of your voice and gestures.
Giving Great Feedback
“How do I tell employees that they aren’t doing the job the way they should?” We need to tell employees whether they are performing their jobs up to standard. We also must provide encouragement and positive reinforcement to employees so that the desired performance will continue. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
1. Create a positive climate for feedback.
2. Give supportive and corrective feedback.
3. Receive feedback non-defensively.
Resolving Workplace Conflict
Conflict occurs in the workplace everyday. Conflict is often caused by a competition for resources, a disagreement about procedures, or a disagreement about a decision. However, conflict can also lead to new ideas, new opportunities, and a healthier work environment. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
1. Determine the cause of the conflict.
2. Select a conflict resolution style.
2. Negotiate a win-win resolution.
Building High-performing Teams
“Why can’t my team just get along?” With the right tools and techniques, a group can quickly become a high-performing work team. Through a series of challenging activities that will enhance your communication, problem-solving and decision-making skills, you will learn how to:
1.Create a vision for your team.
2. Determine the ingredients of a high-performing team.
3. Motivate individuals to remain committed to team goals and objectives.
Delegating for Results
“It’s easier if I do it myself!” How many times have we made this statement to ourselves in the workplace? The problem is, as a manager, supervisor or team leader, we can’t do it al ourselves. we depend on others to do their fair share and to help the team achieve its goals and objectives. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
1. Determine what and what not to delegate.
2. Select the right employee for the assignment.
3. Develop your employees through delegation.
Developing Employee Skills
The one common skill of all great managers is that they are great teachers. Whether it is teaching your team new skills, helping a new employee learn the basics of the job, or informing your staff about new policies and procedures, your teaching skills have a direct impact on the productivity of your team. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
1. Determine the training needs of your employees.
2. Identify the best way for your employees to learn new skills.
3. Teach your employees how to perform new tasks.
Solving Performance Problems
Successful job performance depends on eight key factors. By managing these factors, you can identify potential performance problems and quickly correct issues. Any manager who is responsible for monitoring, evaluating and giving feedback to their staff will benefit from this workshop. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
1. Determine the cause of performance issues.
2. Determine the solutions to performance issues.
3. Apply a systematic approach to prevent performance issues from occurring.
Motivating Your Staff to Achieve
An effective leader is able to create a vision for the work team and motivate everyone to work towards the same goals and objectives. An effective leader is able to identify the strengths and weaknesses of each member of the team and help those individuals to leverage their strengths and develop their skills. In this workshop, your will learn how to:
1. Create a vision for your team.
2. Determine what motivates each team member.
3. Create a motivational work environment.
Conduct Performance Appraisals
Delivering performance appraisals is one of the most stressful events of the year for many managers. However, when performance appraisals are well-written and well-delivered, they provide significant benefit in maintaining and improving the performance of employees and the organization. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
1. Prepare and write the performance review.
2. Conduct a positive and productive performance review meeting.
3. Monitor employees’ progress throughout the year.
Managing Projects On-time, On-budget?
At first, new projects sound straightforward and simple. It is only when we get started that we often ask ourselves, “What did I get myself into?” Every project manager, new or experienced, needs a system to follow when managing a project. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
1. Determine the scope, objective and stakeholders of the project.
2. Create a plan with the necessary resources and milestones.
3. Manage the project to ensure a successful outcome.
Managing Work-Life Balance
Many of us feel overwhelmed, tired, frustrated and dissatisfied at both work and at home. We feel that our life is out of balance. In this seminar, you will discover tools to help you define your ideal work-life balance and strategies to bring satisfaction back into your life. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
1. Define work-life balance in your life.
2. Create a work-life balance implementation strategy.
3. Build a support system to maintain your work-life balance.
Time & Stress Management
Do you feel that your time is not your own? Are the pressures of balancing your work and personal responsibilities causing stress in your life? You are not alone. Managing your priorities and minimizing the stress in your life are the two most significant issues facing working people today. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
1. Identify the causes of stress in your work life.
2. Determine your work priorities.
3. prioritize your daily action lists.
Making Solid Decisions
Solving problems and making decisions make up a significant part of a manager’s day. Every problem is a chance to learn something new and to examine an issue in a different way. Managers need to have a toolkit of creative techniques that they can use in solving problems and making decisions. In this workshop, you will learn to:
1. Uncover the root cause of problems.
2. Use 5 creative problem-solving techniques.
3. Gain the commitment of employees for your decisions.
That Was a Useful Meeting!
“Not another meeting!” Every manager spends endless hours going from one meeting to another. Most of the time, these meetings are a waste of time and resources. However, a meeting with a purpose, an agenda and the right people in attendance, is a productive use of everyone’s time. In this workshop, you will learn to:
1. Determine the reason for the meeting.
2. Gain the maximum group participation and discussion.
3. Create consensus for decisions.