Influencing Others to Achieve Results
Who should attend?
- Managers, supervisors, and team leaders
- Project managers and project officers
- Anyone who must work with others to achieve performance results
Influence is the process of persuading others to follow your advice, suggestions, and recommendations. Regardless of your formal position, you need influence to get things done. Your ability to ethically persuade others of your point of view will determine your personal success in any organization.
In this workshop, you will learn a step-by-step approach to influencing others. You will learn the difference between influence and power, and why power doesn’t produce a lasting commitment to your recommendations. You will learn how to use your personal power with your subordinates, your peers, and your boss to collaboratively achieve your objectives.
In this interactive and participative workshop, you will practice the various styles of influence. You will learn when and how to use each style, and how to lead others to achieve performance results.
- We will give you practical, how-to skills that are immediately applicable to your job.
- Your workshop will be fun and entertaining; plus, you will learn more than you ever thought was possible.
- You can expect a relaxed and non-threatening learning environment.
- We limit attendance to allow maximum participation and feedback.
What You Will Learn:
Analyze Your Personal Influence
- Evaluate your working relationship with others.
- Identify the strengths and weakness of your working relationships.
- Analyze your successful past influencing interactions.
- Identify your personal vs. position power.
Determine your Objective
- Set achievable and realistic objectives.
- Determine the steps to meet your objective.
- Identify who are the “behind the scenes” players and decision-makers.
- Determine what is important to each of the key players.
Build Your Strategy
- Build alliances and networks.
- Plan your meetings with the key players.
- Gain support from the decision-makers.
- Decide when to move forward with your objective and when to stop.
Present Your Objective
- Build a positive rapport with decision-makers.
- Communicate your case persuasively.
- Obtain commitment for your recommendations.
- Deal with challenges and resistance.