Coaching for Performance
Who should attend?
- Managers, supervisors, and team leaders
- Project managers and project officers
- Anyone who wants to develop self-aware, self-developing, and long-term performing employees
There are two ways of managing your staff: telling and coaching. Coaching is the guaranteed management approach that produces consistent, long-term, excellent performance in your staff.
Coaches manage by teaching, encouraging, and listening to their staff. A coach can achieve extraordinary results by following the 5 steps of the Coaching Model: establish relationship, recognize opportunity, assess competencies, create commitment, and coach through conversations.
By applying this 5-step Coaching Model, you can decrease staff turnover, maximize the talents of your staff, improve productivity, increase competence, and develop a culture of trust and responsibility.
This workshop will teach you the skills to become more than a manager. You will be able to guide and empower your employees to achieve results they did not believe were possible. You can expect immediate, improved performance from your staff after attending this workshop.
- We will give you practical, how-to skills that are immediately applicable to your job.
- Your workshop will be fun and entertaining; plus, you will learn more than you ever thought was possible.
- You can expect a relaxed and non-threatening learning environment.
- We limit attendance to allow maximum participation and feedback.
What You Will Learn:
- Assess your personal coaching qualities.
- Establish trust, respect, and openness with the coachee.
- Complete an Individual and Values Profile of the coachee.
- Create a supportive coaching environment.
- Identify habits and patterns of behaviour with the coachee.
- Recognize barriers to change.
Help the coachee to overcome barriers to change.
- Assess the competencies of the coachee.
- Leverage coachee’s strengths.
- Minimize coachee’s weaknesses.
- Assist the coachee to create objectives and action plans.
- Agree on coach and coachee responsibilities.
- Agree on the coaching process.
Coach Through Conversations
- Provide positive reinforcement.
- Use active listening skills.
- Give supportive and constructive feedback.
- Evaluate the results of the coaching process.