Building High-performing Teams
Who should attend?
- Managers, supervisors, and team leaders
- Members of work teams and project teams
- Anyone who strives for a team-focused organization
“Why can’t my team just get along?” This is the question that managers, supervisors and team leaders ask themselves every day. By having the right tools and techniques, a team can overcome personality conflicts and communication issues to accomplish common goals.
Every group must go through three stages to become a productive and happy team: acceptance, conflict, and commitment. This highly interactive and enjoyable workshop gives teams the tools and techniques to quickly move through each stage of team development so that they can become a high-performing work team.
The participants will take part in a series of challenging activities that will enhance their skills in communication, problem solving and decision-making. The result will be improved communication and enhanced team effectiveness.
- We will give you practical, how-to skills that are immediately applicable to your job.
- Your workshop will be fun and entertaining; plus, you will learn more than you ever thought was possible.
- You can expect a relaxed and non-threatening learning environment.
- We limit attendance to allow maximum participation and feedback.
What You Will Learn:
- Determine acceptable team behaviours.
- Define team goals and objectives.
- Determine the benchmarks for team performance.
- Write the action steps to achieve team goals.
- Identify individual strengths.
- Define individual and team responsibilities.
- Foster cooperation and consensus in the team.
- Overcome resistance to team goals.
- Use creative techniques to solve group and individual problems.
- Manage change and conflict.
- Use active listening to improve communication.
- Motivate each other to achieve results.
- Encourage new ideas and creative solutions from the team.
- Maintain team ground rules of behaviour.
- Make decisions through consensus.
- Create an environment of honesty, respect, and openness.
- Motivate individuals to remain committed to team goals and objectives.