Coaching is about helping employees discover their own answers through actively listening and asking powerful questions, not telling them what to do or giving them the answers. During a coaching conversation, ask the following five types of questions to teach employees how to think for themselves:
- Focus: Tell me about your concern.
- Feelings: Why is this important to you?
- Facts: What are the facts of the situation?
- Future: What are the possible solutions?
- Feats: What are your next steps?
For more information on how we can help you incorporate this week’s Best Practice into your organization, please visit: www.shaunhopkinsseminars.com