Conflict at work can negatively affect not only the individuals involved, but also the atmosphere of the workplace for the rest of the team. Instead of leaving a conflict between you and another individual unresolved, use the following five-step process to find a mutually agreeable solution to the situation:
- Approach the other person and ask to talk about the issue.
- Ask for the other person’s point of view; listen and do not interrupt.
- Explain how you see the situation; be specific and don’t exaggerate.
- Ask how the other person would like to see the issue resolved; discuss both of your ideas on how to deal with the situation.
- Agree on how you will work together to resolve the situation and to prevent future conflicts.
Focus on resolving workplace conflict this week!
Please visit www.ShaunHopkinsSeminars.com to learn how we can help your organization implement this week’s Best Practice.