Everyone wants to be recognized for his/her efforts and successes. Recognition means honoring, encouraging, and supporting individuals and teams who contribute to the success of the organization. As a manager, part of your job is to openly praise your employees, grant formal and informal awards, and celebrate the successes of your team. In return, your employees will be more engaged and productive. Keep in mind the following principles of recognition:
- Recognition must be sincere and meaningful.
- Recognition should focus on relevant accomplishments.
- Recognition should be given frequently and on a timely basis.
- Recognition should not be reserved solely for exceptional achievements.
- Recognition should be given to both individuals and teams.
Focus on recognizing your employees this week!
Please visit www.ShaunHopkinsSeminars.com to learn how we can help your organization implement this week’s Best Practice.