This weekend is an appropriate time for us to reflect on our management style. The Golden Rule, “treat others the same way that you want to be treated”, should be our ethical guidepost on how we interact with our staff. As managers, we are rightly compensated to achieve results. However, we do not have to sacrifice the human element in order to meet our goals and objectives. We should set clear expectations and hold our employees accountable for their results. We should also treat people with courtesy and respect. This weekend, reflect on your management style and ask yourself whether you:
- Are sincerely interested in helping your employees be successful in their jobs?
- Take the time to get to know your employees on a personal level?
- Use a respectful tone of voice when speaking with your employees?
- Consult with your employees and involve them in decision-making?
- Treat your employees fairly and consider their personal circumstances?
- Coach and mentor your employees to help them grow professionally?
- Lead by example?
Work on becoming a compassionate manager this week!
For more information on how we can help you incorporate this week’s Best Practice into your organization, please visit: www.ShaunHopkinsSeminars.com